By Thomas L. Clark Jr. – Founder and CEO at- Charlotte Social 360 LLC. https://www.charlottesocial360.com
Here are some of the most successful SEO tactics and pro tips, our data isn’t a trend or prediction, it comes from our month to month, and year over year analytics, research with our over 350+ SEO, PPC and SMO clients, our internal use.
So, if you implement some of these tactics, you will see much better SEO results.
Here are some new statistics as of July 2020 based on our research:
- In 2019 (to date), Google accounted for just over 75% of all global desktop search traffic, followed by Bing at 9.97%, Baidu at 9.34%, and Yahoo at 2.77%.
- The top four ranking factors are website visits, time on site, pages per session, and bounce rate.
- Long-tail keyword searches have a click-through rate of 3% to 5% higher than generic searches.
- The average blog post gets a total of 4 or 5 total social media shares
- Facebook traffic is down 20% since 2018
- When updating your website, landing pages watch your page speed, it is an important Google ranking factor
- 70% of all online content gets ZERO backlinks
- Pageviews are down across the board:
- The top four ranking factors are website visits, time on site, pages per session, and bounce rate.
- To win at SEO, you must play by Google’s rules. Ranking high on Yahoo or Bing will bring visitors to your site, but companies who rank on Google are most likely getting the most business.
- Google has received nearly 2.3 trillion searches this year.
- Of the billions of searches that happen on a given day, 15% of daily searches are new to Google.
- On the first page alone, the first five organic results account for 67.60% of all the clicks.
- Google’s search algorithm uses more than 200 factors to rank websites.
- High-quality content and link building are the two most important Google signals to rank your website for search.
- The average content length of the top position Google article contains 2,416 words, but you should have a minimum word count of 1,890.
- The average word count of a voice search result page is 2,312 words.
- 91% of all pages never get any organic traffic from Google, mostly because they do not have backlinks.
- In 2019, 52% of all worldwide online traffic came from mobile, 45% from desktop.
- Updating and republishing old blog posts with new content and images can increase organic traffic by 106%.
- 72% of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles.
- 70% of marketers see SEO as more effective than PPC.
- 61% of marketers say improving SEO and growing their organic presence is their top inbound marketing priority.
- 62% of Gen Z and Millennial consumers want visual search more than any other new technology.
- Images in Google search return 22.6% of search queries on Google.
- 7% of all voice search answers came from a featured snippet.
Key takeaways for your 2020 SEO strategy
Marketers are spending more time and money on SEO, which means the top spots’ competition will continue to heat up. Providing value to your customer is still the best approach to ranking in search engines, so keep writing quality content and designing top-notch user experiences.
Mobile is increasingly becoming a more significant factor in ranking, especially when it comes to local marketing. When developing an SEO strategy, there is so much to consider when SEO changes so much year over year.
Staying up to date on SEO statistics and working their data into your strategy can set you up for a long-term roadmap. And performing a technical SEO audit is a helpful way to hone your strategy and create some quick SEO wins.
Implement some of these SEO tips, and you will end 2020 successfully and enter 2021 with a plan for short- and long-term success. This demands that you, or someone in your business or your agency create ultra-high quality “content assets,” The key to great content is that you create content that educates and or solves your potential customer’s website or business problems. You should also promote your content on numerous off-site publishers. It essential to measure with Google Analytics, it free, or other analytics software if your ultra-high content is delivering on your businesses, brands content marketing goals.
Pro Tip #1 Always watch and measure via analytics, Google, Bing Yahoo, Baidu, and the other search engine algorithms will reward you with higher rankings and let you know if your brand awareness, marketing-promotions campaigns are working.
Pro Tip #2 Use short URL’s -Always get into the mindset of thinking about your search engine optimization, (SEO) campaigns
Pro Tip #3- Use Amazon for keyword ideas- Amazon search terms are keywords that shoppers use to find products. Amazon’s A9 algorithm matches customer searches with the terms included in product listing back-end and compiles relevant search results. i would search for some book’s titles in your vertical or niche, then look in the table of contents for each of the books for keywords.
Pro Tip #4- publish content that’s at least 1890 words of great content. I know all the SEO guru’s tell you that most people’s tension span is short, so publish short content. Still, via our experience and research, if the longer content is valuable, people will consume it and view your brand as a higher value brand.
Pro Tip #5- Use Keyword Rich URL’s – Keywords in URLs are a tiny ranking factor and user-friendly. Keep URL’s under 50 characters to display adequately on desktop search.
Pro Tip #6- Optimize your Title Tags not just for your keywords but also for your click-through rate (CTR). How is the click-through rate linked to search engine optimization? –Click–through rate is essential for SEO, in more than one way. .Optimizing CTR has an innate benefit here. But second, it seems that Google does indeed use organic click–through–rate as a ranking factor. SERP results that have a higher than expected CTR has improved, and those with lower CTR to decline.,
Pro Tip #7- Use numbers in your Title Tags to Boost click-through rate (CTR). -Click-through rate is essential for SEO, in more than one way. … Optimizing CTR has an innate benefit here. But second, it seems that Google does indeed use organic click-through-rate as a ranking factor. SERP results that have a higher than expected CTR have improved, and those with lower CTR to decline.
ProTip #8 – Use Title Tag modifiers Amazon search terms are keywords that shoppers use to find products. Amazon’s A9 algorithm matches customer searches with the terms included in product listing back-end and compiles relevant search results. When it comes to title tags length, the shorter ones generally perform better. It is easier for people to read and more natural for Google to understand. When you provide a superior user experience and make it easier for Google to rank your content, you get better results.
Pro Tip #9 Always get into the mindset of thinking about your search engine optimization (SEO) campaigns from the quality over quantity mindset. Over the year, we have done many SEO site audits and found that our clients or their agencies have focused on getting backlinks, instead of focusing on high-quality backlinks.
Pro Tip #10 – To be compensated by Google, recollect forgetting that Google is searching for the most essential for high or low authority backlinks from related sites. Now and again, we see customers stack watchwords like hotcakes, at IHOP, Pancake House, or your most loved breakfast-centered eatery. Keep in mind the whole objective of fruitful winning at slogans is to center around an arrangement of exceedingly focused on winnable catchphrases, not just tossing a few watchwords without the best possible catchphrase investigations.
ProTip #11 – Let us focus for a moment on another SEO tactic, user reviews, and how user review help: Think about what are influencers, micro-influencers, and customers are saying about your business? If they are not saying anything, you miss a substantial local search opportunity that could improve your local SEO. When approaching local SEO, put yourself in the mindset of what assets are valuable to my suspects and prospects and Google. Google wants to feature the best businesses in its top organic search results.
Pro Tip #12 – Make sure your blog posts, podcasts, videos, infographics, and other content are evergreen, what we have seen, and more right now is that authoritative evergreen content consistently outperforms and gains more shares and links over timeThe other search engines and Google are looking for social proof of your business’s performance. Google My Business is an excellent first step, but receiving a positive review on Yelp and other industry social bookmarking, sites, and websites help local businesses. Still, big brands to differentiate themselves from their competitors.
Pro Tip #13 – Make sure your blog posts, podcasts, videos, infographics, and other content are evergreen, what we have seen, and more right now is that authoritative evergreen content consistently outperforms and gains more shares and links over time
Pro Tip #14 – You should focus your content on voice search, meaning-making sure your content are questions, and answer based.
Pro Tip #15 Each business needs to use and track blog. Social media comments, conduct needs analysis calls, create members-only resources, newsletter subscriptions, comparison charts, certification programs, case studies, workbook/worksheet, slide presentations, webinars.
Pro Tip #16 – Choose Keywords with strong commercial intent- High intent keywords are also said to have high commercial intent. These keywords signify a strong intent on the part of the searcher to conduct a transaction, whether it be to buy something, inquire about a service, or another type of action that has a strong possibility of leading to a later sale.
Pro Tip #17 – Use Reddit for Keyword Research – check out he subreddit’s – The Reddit Keyword Research Tool- Start typing in the name of a subreddit below and pick one from the auto-generated list. Then click “Get Keywords” to extract keywords from that subreddit. Subreddits with lots of comments have more keywords than those with little activity.
How to Get More User Reviews
Here are a few things every business can do to get more positive comments, reviews, however, don’t take a hands-off approach, since you more than likely won’t get numerous or any audits if you do. Things you can do to persuade clients to compose positive reviews, comments, answer surveys.
- When you thank your customers, request that they write a review on your Google My Business, Yelp pages, or whatever sites are essential to your business SEO strategy.
- Alongside empowering words for composing an accurate survey on “Google My Business or others,” they may not be comfortable with the stage. Occasionally, you might need to give exact directions on Google My Business, Yelp, because your client may not be pleased with them.
- (Be VERY watchful how you do this, however, numerous audit destinations, including Yelp, have strict standards for solicitations of reviews.)
- Make a site frame or website form for clients to submit audits, inquiries, review in which you would be able to be shown on the proper pages on your website.
- If you have a physical business, keep printed forms at the front work area or in the entryway — with proper directions that urge guests to compose a review or survey about your business or service.
- In showcasing correspondence that energizes surveys, request a chance to address any negative encounters as an initial step secretly, yet you should endeavor to manage the adverse circumstance.
- Try not to get included with counterfeit surveys under any situation. They can prompt extreme penalties from Google, and genuinely hurt your image’s general notoriety.
- Timing is everything. Make sure your deals and client benefit staffs request surveys when they have tackled a significant issue or done anything that places customers in a disposition to share positive considerations.
Your main objectives are to educate and solve your prospect’s business problems while understanding your buyer’s persona and neuroscience-oriented motivations to buy your products and or services. The right marketing tactics, if you aren’t aware of what your potential customers want and or need, you should do surveys, Twitter polls, join Alignable, engage and answer questions on Quora, Podcasts, Facebook groups.
You will gain insights into the question your customers need answeres and the problems they face in their businesses.
Once more, before you utilize the above strategies or pro tips, you ought to make sure your site is SEO ready, with a solid suggestion to act, (CTA’s). It’s imperative to have the significant resources, content, and helpful, instructive lead magnets to develop your email chatbot blaster or another way to build subscribers to build your organic list to set up funnels and retarget them for your products and or services. The most valuable lead magnets are contextual investigations, correctly using AI, Chatbots, and messaging apps, like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger. Ebooks still work but have been on the decline, creating sheets, and guides, infographics, recordings, white papers, examine report work better currently.
You and your digital agency marketing partner must genuinely participate in the Facebook Groups, Quora, Alignable, surveys, and other forums to understand your customer wants and needs. If you do not have time or know-how to measure, track, and participate, you need to outsource this task to someone in the business or my agency Charlotte Social 360. If you want a complimentary consultation and need assistance, contact my team and me @ <ahref=”mailto:email@example.com”>firstname.lastname@example.org for a complimentary website, keyword and competitive analysis of your top 3 to 5 local, regional, nationwide or international SEO competitors.